Women’s Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Welcome to the on-line nomination form for the 2020 Maryland Women’s Hall of Fame!
Please read the instructions completely before beginning, and follow them carefully. The nomination process is not difficult, but you will need to have all the information and documents ready and saved onto your computer as separate files before you begin.
Complete nomination submissions must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, November 1, 2019
The Maryland Women’s Hall of Fame was established to honor women who, through their work and community engagement, have made significant and enduring contributions in their field and/or whose achievements are of historical significance to this state. Nominators should consider the following criteria:
- May be contemporary (living) or posthumous, and will be selected by merit, not by endorsement.
- Must have been born in Maryland or lived at least 10 years in Maryland.
- Must have made significant and lasting contributions in such fields as the arts, athletics, business, community advocacy, education, government, the humanities, human rights, law, medicine, the military, philanthropy, or science.
- Must have made a significant and lasting contribution that extends beyond the community level, is above and beyond the call of duty in her field and is of enduring value.
Current members of the Maryland General Assembly, the Maryland Commission for Women, and members of their families are not eligible for nomination, nor are they eligible to submit nominations.
Please read these instructions completely before beginning, and follow them carefully. The nomination process is not difficult, but you will need to have all the information and documents ready and saved onto your computer as separate files before you begin.
The nomination must be submitted in a single complete transmission. You can open the nomination form and read through it as many times as necessary. However, you will not be able to save and return to a partially completed nomination. If you have to close out before submitting, the platform will require you to start over.
Nominations will be considered in the order received. Only one nomination will be accepted from each nominator.
Nomination submissions must include the completed nomination form with the name and contact information for the nominee, her closest living relative and the nominator, and must document the number of years the nominee has lived in Maryland. The nomination must include, at the time of submission:
1. A biographical narrative of no more than 500 words that describes:
- The nominee’s place of birth, the location and the years in which she resided in Maryland.
- The nominee’s education, employment and volunteer activities.
- Her field of endeavor (arts, athletics, business, community advocacy, education, government, the humanities, human rights, law, medicine, the military, philanthropy, and science, etc.).
- The nominee’s outstanding achievements, accomplishments or contributions for which she should be considered for induction into the Maryland Women’s Hall of Fame. A listing of other accomplishments may be included.
- The benefit of her contribution to society or to the advancement and independence of women.
2. A photo of the nominee in jpeg format
The nomination may also include, if submitted at the time of nomination:
1. Up to two letters of recommendation.
2. Relevant supporting documents – no more than four standard pages – such as pertinent newspaper and magazine articles, or primary works. Please only include essential documents that communicate the nominee’s accomplishments as concisely and directly as possible.
If selected, the narrative and photo will be published in the 2020 Maryland Women’s Hall of Fame program booklet, and will be published on the Hall of Fame web pages.
All materials must be submitted using the online forms, in a single transmission, including all the letters of recommendation and related documents. Nominations that are incomplete, do not comply with the above instructions, or that are received after the deadline will not be considered. Nominations become the property of the Maryland Commission for Women and are considered public record. Information included in the nomination packet may be published in the program book for the awards ceremony and may be posted on the Maryland Commission for Women’s website and other social media outlets.
Complete nominations must be submitted by:
Due Date : Friday, November 1st, 2019.