Temporary Cash Assistance
Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Maryland’s Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program, provides cash assistance to families with dependent children when available resources do not fully address the family’s needs and while preparing program participants for independence through work.
- Family must cooperate with child support
- Participate in work activities
- Comply with substance abuse provisions
- Must meet financial and technical eligibility requirements
- Earned and unearned income cannot exceed the benefit level paid for the assistance unit size
Sanctions may be imposed for not complying with program requirements. Families may also file an application for assistance with child care costs.
Where to Apply:
- Apply online: Go to https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us/ to file your application.
- Apply at your Local Department of Social Services in person. You may also file an application by mail, fax or other electronic means or someone may drop an application off for you.