Somerset County

Somerset CountyClaudia Nelson
Claudia Nelson

Somerset County DSS

30397 Mt. Vernon Road
Princess Anne, Maryland 21853





Email Address:

Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

To report abuse/neglect after hours:

Office of Child Support

P.O. Box 369
30397 Mount Vernon Road
Princess Anne, Maryland 21853

Customer Service:


Automated Customer Service & Payment Information:


Somerset County News

More DHS News >>>

Child Support Information and Resources

Somerset County State’s Attorney’s Office

30515 Prince William Street
Princess Anne, Maryland 21853

Daniel Powell, State’s Attorney

Facsimile: 410-651-3453

Phillip Widdowson, Assistant State’s Attorney

Alice Bromley, Administrative Assistant

Crissy Parkinson, Child Support Processor

Facsimile: 410-651-4490
Somerset County Sheriff’s Office
30426-A Sam Barnes Road
Westover, Maryland 21871

Robert N. Jones, Sheriff

Les Tyler
, Deputy Sheriff, Child Support Liaison

Somerset County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
30515 Prince William Street
Princess Anne, Maryland 21853

Theodore Phoebus, Clerk of the Somerset County Circuit Court

Public Assistance to Entrepreneurship (PA2E)

The Public Assistance to Entrepreneurship Program (PA2E) offers classes on starting a business. Courses are conducted in a classroom setting with other Department of Human Services (DHS) customers… Read More

Interagency Family Preservation Services

In-Home Family Preservation is a time-limited intensive program available within the local departments of social services. It is a voluntary program, specifically identified to promote stability for families in crisis whose children are at risk of out-of-home placement. Family Preservation actively seeks to obtain community resources or directly provide the critical services needed to enable the family to remain together in a safe and stable environment.

Family Preservation Brochure
Interagency Family Preservation Referral Form

Frequently Asked Questions

Financial Assistance
Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
Temporary Disabilities Assistance Program (TDAP)
Food Supplement, TCA, and TDAP
Emergency Assistance for Families & Children (EAFC)
Child Care Scholarship (CCS)
Medical Assistance
Medical Assistance (Medicaid/MA)
Different Ways to Qualify for MA
What should I bring when I apply?

Contact Information

Service Phone
Child Protective Services


Child Protective Services (after hours)

410-651-0707 (Somerset Central)

Child Support


General Information