About the Commission
The Maryland Commission for Women works with Maryland State Government to advance solutions and to expand social, political and economic opportunities for all women.
All Maryland women have full social, political and economic equality.
Maryland Code Article Human Services §2-401 – §408
- Study the status of women in our state
- Direct attention to critical problems confronting women
- Recommend methods of overcoming discrimination
- Recognize women’s accomplishments and contributions
- Provide informed advice to the executive and legislative branches of government on the issues concerning the women of our state