Child Care Scholarship Program
The Child Care Scholarship Program (CCSP) provides financial assistance with child care costs to eligible working families in Maryland.
To be eligible for the Child Care Scholarship Program, you must be:
- A Maryland resident who is working/employed, in an approved training program or attending school. For families where both parents live within the same household, both parents must meet all eligibility requirements.
- A recipient of Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or within CCS income guidelines (see below).
- Willing to have your child immunized to Maryland state standards or provide documentation supporting Exemption from Immunization.
- Willing to provide proof that each child needing child care is a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien. (Provide a Birth Certificate for each child or documentation that certifies the child’s status.) NOTE: Parents ARE NOT required to be citizens of the United States.
- Willing to provide proof of identity for all members within the household composition. (Proof of identity for the parent can be any form of a government issued document. The birth certificate or immigration status documentation can serve as proof of identity for each child in the household composition.)
- Willing to provide a Photo I.D. (Only required of the head of households.)
How To Apply:
To apply for a Child Care Scholarship, you must submit an application through the Child Care Scholarship Family Web Portal on the Maryland State Department of Education website: money4childcare.com