Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)
MCHP provides full health benefits for higher income uninsured children (up to age 19 years). MCHP enrollees obtain care from a variety of Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) through the Maryland HealthChoice Program.
- Maryland’s Children’s Health Program Information
- Apply online at https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/
- Call Maryland Health Connection at 1-855-642-8572; (TTY: 1-855-642-8573).
Medicaid-Medical Assistance (MA)
State program that provides health coverage for individuals seeking coverage on the basis of being aged, blind, disabled, living in a nursing home, or medically needy.
- Apply online at https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us/
- Apply at your Local Department of Social Services office
Consent for Health Care -Affidavit
Provision provides for a relative of a child providing informal kinship care to consent to health care on behalf of the child. The relative must be able to verify the informal kinship care arrangement through an affidavit. To receive this form,
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI):
Mental health education, support groups, helpline, video resource library, publications, online discussion groups.