Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
Provision provides cash assistance to eligible children and their relative caregivers. Legal custody is not required.
- Apply in person at your Local Department of Social Services Office
- Apply online: https://mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us
- You may also file an application by mail, fax, or other electronic means or someone may drop an application off for you.
- Application for Assistance (PDF Form)
- Call 1 (800) 332-6347
Food Supplemental Program (FSP)
Food assistance based on income for the entire household.
Child Care Scholarship Program (CCS)
Provision provides financial assistance with child care costs to eligible Maryland families. Caregivers may qualify for a child care subsidy if they meet income and program requirements.
- Apply online: Child Care Scholarship Program (CCS) Website
- Child Care Subsidy Application (PDF Form)
Social Security Benefits
If the parent(s) of the child in your care is/are deceased or disabled, the child may be eligible for Survivor Benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). You must apply directly with the Social Security Administration.
- Go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov/
- Call 1 (800) 772-1213
Apply in person Social Security Office Locator