Ways to Receive Your Child Support Payments

In Jan. 2024, the BoA EPiC VISA card transitions to the Way2Go MasterCard.

Comerica’s Way2Go Card Prepaid Mastercard

Direct Deposit

Check Payments

Ways to Receive Your Child Support Payments

Conduent/Comerica’s Way2Go Prepaid MasterCard

The Maryland Child Support Administration (CSA) is happy to offer our customers a safe, convenient way to receive their payments through the Conduent/Comerica Way2Go Prepaid MasterCard.

The Way2Go Card is a debit card that makes it easy, fast and safe for families to receive monthly child support payments.

Customers also have the option of receiving their child support payments through direct deposit, and check payments are available to customers under certain limited conditions. Click here for more information on direct deposit and check payments.

Here’s how the Way2Go card works:
  • Enrollment in Way2Go is automated if you do not enroll in direct deposit. Approximately 30 days after you receive your first payment by check you will receive your Way2Go card.
  • Your Way2Go card must be activated by you before you can use the card. You can activate the card using the Way2Go Card mobile app, GoProgram.com, or by calling 1 (844) 768-0043, or, outside the USA, call 1 (214) 210-6820 (collect). You will receive a check until you activate.
  • You can use the Way2Go Card to make purchases or withdrawals until the funds are exhausted.
  • You cannot make any additional deposits to the account. Only CSA can fund the card.
  • This is not a credit card and attempting to use your card for purchases that exceed your balance will result in the transaction being declined.
Activate Your New Card Immediately Upon Receipt

Use the Way2Go Card mobile app, GoProgram.com, or call 1 (844) 768-0043 to activate your card and create your PIN. Outside the USA: 1 (214) 210-6820 (collect).

Please refer to the Schedule of Fees and Terms of Use for a complete list of fees associated with the use of this card. By creating your PIN and activating the card, you agree to abide by the Terms.

You do not need to have a bank account to receive a card and use a Way2Go Card.

The Way2Go Card provides access to your funds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can use your Way2Go Card to make purchases everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Ask for cash back with your purchase at your favorite merchant location. There is no fee for ATM withdrawals at in-network locations. You will receive (1) out-of-network withdrawal for no fee per week. All other out-of-network ATM withdrawals will be charged $0.85.

To locate an ATM near you, click here for a list of Way2Go card ATM Locator Options.

Note: In addition to withdrawing funds from ATMs, Way2Go card holders may also visit a bank teller window once a week, free of charge, to withdraw their funds.

Please note: If you previously received your child support payments through a Bank of America EPiC card, you should by now have activated your new Conduent/Comerica Way2Go card to continue receiving the child support payments you are due. All Bank of America EPiC cards are being deactivated. If you have not used all the funds on your Bank of America EPiC card, you will receive a paper check for the remaining balance sent to the mailing address Bank of America has on file for you. Please contact Bank of America immediately at 1.866.213.4074 to update your address. If you do not update your address, you may experience delays in obtaining any remaining funds after your card has been deactivated.
Use the Way2Go Card Your Way

Everyday Shopping

Your Way2Go Card is welcome everywhere MasterCard is accepted. Select Credit or Debit at checkout.

Gas Stations

It’s easy to buy fuel. Simply pay at the pump by selecting Credit or Debit, or prepay with your card inside the store.

Online Shopping

Shop with your favorite online retailer anytime, anywhere.

Pay Your Bills

Visit your biller’s website to pay your bill with your card.


Use your card at your favorite restaurants and cafés.


Use your Way2Go Card to purchase transit passes, pay taxi fare or add as a payment method to your preferred rideshare company.

Important Card Safety Tips
  • Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) a secret. Choose a number that is not easily guessed. Never write it down anywhere, or give it to anyone. We will never call or text you asking for the PIN.
  • Have your card out and ready to use as you approach the ATM. If you observe suspicious persons or circumstances, it may be safer to go to an alternate ATM location.
  • If the ATM ever appears to have been damaged or tampered with, do not insert your card

Direct Deposit

If you receive child support payments from the Maryland Child Support Administration and have a checking account, you also have the option of signing up for Direct Deposit.

Direct Deposit provides a safe, quick, and easy way to receive Child Support payments and eliminates the inconveniences associated with manual checks.

Applying for direct deposit online ensures that your direct deposit application will be quickly processed by the Child Support Administration.

Submit a form by clicking this link or log into your myMDTHINK account and click on “Enroll in Direct Deposit” on the Child Support Consumer Portal. You can also visit myMDTHINK often to check your payments online.

If you are unable to apply for Direct Deposit online, you may also apply by mail as follows:

CSA Direct Deposit Enrollment Application
Post Office Box 17615
Baltimore, Maryland 21297
(Please allow sufficient time for mail handling and processing.)

You may also request that a Direct Deposit Application be mailed to you by contacting 1-800-332-6347, or visit any Child Support office and request a Direct Deposit Application.

Check Payments

If you do not sign up for Direct Deposit or do not wish to continue using a prepaid card, DHS can begin sending your child support payments by check in the mail.

If you do not want to receive your payments through direct deposit or through a new electronic payment card, you may contact the Customer Call Center or your local Child Support Office to claim a hardship and request a paper check.

Please know that paper checks are less secure and increase the risk of fraud. Delivery failures and slower mail processing may also impact payments by check. You can only receive a paper check if one or more of the following is true for you:

  • You are unable to pay account fees,
  • Your home and place of work is more than 10 miles from an ATM or bank,
  • You have a language or reading barrier, or
  • You have a disability.

Please make sure CSA has your most up-to-date contact information, including your home and email addresses, so we can continue to send payments to you quickly and without interruption.

How to Update Your Contact Information with the Maryland Child Support Administration:

If you have a myMDTHINK account, sign in to your account at https://mymdthink.maryland.gov and complete the following steps:

  1. Under Services, click on Child Support.
  2. Click on Account Management.
  3. Update your contact information to make sure your email, phone number, and mailing address are correct.

If you do not have a myMDTHINK account, step-by-step instructions to create an account and update your contact information can be found at https://dhs.maryland.gov/UpdateMDTHINKContactInfo.

If you experience any issues confirming or updating your contact information online, please reach out to us by telephone at 1-800-332-6347 (TTY 1-800-735-2258) or in person at your local child support office.

Back to Top ▲